This was first posted on June 26, 2007, 1:28 PM as “I was tagged” on lalarimando.multiply.com.
This is long overdue. So here goes.
Instructions: Each player starts with 7 random habits/facts about themselves. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their 7 things, as well as these rules. At the end of your blog, you need to choose 7 people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them that they have been tagged and to read your blog!
- I work most productively when I’m alone and in a place that’s quiet. I even once asked a neighbour to hush her dog because every arf-arf was distracting my thought process.
- My sister sometimes says, “maganda ka sana pero bingi ka naman” (You could be more beautiful if you’re not deaf). Partially true. The second part, that is. The culprit: earphones blaring loud music from my walkman when I was burning the midnight oil studying. So whenever I see kids doing the same these days, what with their iPods and all, I’d go, tsk… tsk…
- But just in case I do get deaf one of these days, I already quite know how to sign language. I was forced to learn because whenever my deaf-mute cousin’s interpreter during Sunday church services is not around, I have to do the sign language for her.
- My siblings are way more intelligent than I am. So to differentiate myself, I got smart. Actually, I just learned along the way the rewards that come with standing out. Take what happened in grade school. I realized that to extend the time I can spend with my crush (who was super cute!) after classes end in March, I should be a consistent honor student like him. Honor students practice everyday for the ceremony–so that meant two EXTRA weeks of being around him. Yee-ha! Then in undergrad, I studied in a convent school for girls where I was surrounded by ladies so fabulously beautiful and rich. I was neither. So early on, I decided that to make a mark, I positioned myself as the bright one.
- I partied hard during my last two years in college because our dorm directress said we can only go back to the dorm either 9pm (her sleeping time) or 3am (waking time). Now I find loud places boring and (sometimes) irrelevant. Somehow, I just could not appreciate why I have to roar to get noticed. Thank God for coffee shops with jazz music.
- I sleep late most of the time because I wait for local papers to upload their on-line stories. That saves me hours in the morning catching up with what’s going on. But for international magazines, I prefer to hold them in my hand and relish the dramatic pictures, fantastic lay-outs, and the well-chosen blurbs. My weekly schedule includes “dates” with these pieces of artwork.
- I totally agree with Forrest Gump. Life, indeed, is like a box of chocolates. Mine is a classic. I studied industrial psychology in undergrad. I became a banker after that. I took my post-grad to learn how to be a better banker. I ended up being a journalist. I have an ideal family. My parents are still crazy about each other. My siblings and cousins are a tight bunch. But I remain unattached. For one whose main “love languages” include touch, I somehow never learned the lesson about long distance relationships.